Saturday 22 October 2011

Looking forward to winter...











I know most people hold onto every last glimmer of summer possible and dread the nights coming in and the temperatures dropping, but I have to say I do look forward to winter.






I do agree that there is something quite morose about waking up to darkness and having but a few hours of light each day. That being said, what about all the good things about winter...?




I love cold, crisp days where your nose feels like it might just drop off any second. I love being outside in the fresh air to come home to a roaring fire, peeling off layer after layer of winter woolies and curling up in a blanket with a good book and a cup of tea. Company is always desirable, but for me it is currently only available in canine form - with our little dog Tiffany being more than happy to waste away hours snoozing while I read!




Fashion can take on a whole new level in winter with many more layers and lots of winter specific accessories to add to your wardrobe staples. Pattern and texture come into their own and I have to admit that I have a slight obsession with anythig fair isle each and every winter!




We also have all the good holidays just around the corner. Halloween, Bonfire night (my personal favourite) and the event that puts panic on the faces of mums all over the country... Christmas! I like to think of winter as a time for gatherings, good humour and when we all put our friends and family before our own wants and needs.




I have included some photos from the area where I live from a few winters ago, because doesn't everything look more beautiful when blanketed in snow? I do actually live in quite a picturesque little nook of our Bonnie Scotland (not that I like to admit it very often!) and in winter it truely is breathtaking.




Hope it inspires you all to look forward to (instead of dread) the coming months!

No comments:

Post a Comment