Saturday 14 July 2012

today's little...

wan·der/ˈwändər/

Verb:
Walk or move in a leisurely, casual, or aimless way








In all honesty, "wander" is perhaps not the correct term because it was a lot more brisk than aimless, casual or leisurely, but either way I went for a lovely walk today and as a departure from the routes I have been walking regularly, I made the most of the beautiful beach near where I live and just let my feet carry me as far as they wanted.

It is Saturday and I was quite surprised at the lack of other people! It was rather chilly in the wind and there were some showers, but I still expected more than a few birds for company! I did see a few dog walkers on the way back, but they all stayed quite close to the end of the beach near the town. Shame, because further along is really pretty and if our little pooch would walk that far I would definitely take her. Unfortunately, Little Miss Tiffany is far too much of a diva to get grubby on the beach very often.

I shall be off out later for another walk, hopefully with some company and a different route. Not long now for the West Highland way... 18 days and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment