Sunday 1 July 2012

little vintage project

Here is a little project of mine I picked up from Martha's Closet! It was in the SALE section because it has some discolouration and damage on the bottom half, which meant I got it for the bargain price of £10 - it was originally £35! Woop woop!

Anyway... I wouldn't have ever worn it as a full length kaftan and instantly liked the curved bottom edge of the design which flows from the sleeves. It is absolutely huge and drapes nicely so my instant thoughts were to make it into a loose fitting top that are so popular just now. You can see in the bottom photo that I have crudely lopped off the part of the kaftan I don't need and when I get the time I am going to neatly hem this part and then sew two seams from under the arms to the bottom at each side of my body so that the top sits slightly closer to my body and the sleeve parts still billow out when I move my arms (if that makes sense??!).

It will all become clear when I actually get time to make the changes and I will show you how it turns out. The neckline is really wide and it sits just on my shoulders so I thought a nice necklace some oversized gold hoop earrings and my hair piled on top of my head would emphasize the neckline and of course finished off with some skinnies for a very laid back, summer look :)

What do you think? I don't know about anyone else out there, but the modern high street is boring me at the moment. Nothing is new or fresh anymore and half the fashion is ripped off from vintage anyway so why not get an original at probably around the same price or CHEAPER if you do your homework and shop about!




No comments:

Post a Comment