Monday 25 June 2012

Vintage Liberty Dress




Here are a few photos of another one of my recent vintage purchases - a lovely late 70's/early 80's Liberty cotton and wool mix shirt dress. I bought this recently from online vintage retailer Martha's Closet. Another one of my favourite online haunts, Martha's Closet is one of the best vintage websites in the UK (in my humble opinion) and is very reasonably priced. I like how you can browse by decades, their descriptions are always VERY detailed when it comes to the designer, condition etc and I have snapped up a fair few bargains from their "Special Offers" section. Another massive plus for me is the reasonable delivery charges - I refuse to pay over the odds for delivery no matter what I am buying!

I loved this dress the moment I saw it! I have a real "thing" just now for Liberty prints, dresses are a staple of my summer and winter wardrobes and the mix of colours make it very easy to wear. I have already had this on with some pumps and a cardi, but the great things is because of the heavier weight of the fabric it will be great coming into Autumn and Winter when I can layer it up, add some tights and any of my knee high boots! Winner! It has got great wee side seam pockets and I like the fact that it doesn't button all the way down, because dresses like that always seem to gape open on me.



No comments:

Post a Comment