Saturday 9 June 2012

My amazing new orb watch...

Hello all! How are we today? I just wanted to share with you guys another amazing little find of mine!

My sister and I like to make regular trips to the Abernyte branch of the Scottish Antique & Arts Centre and lately we have found a good few lovely pieces! I still have my eye on a few things, so I won't tell all or one of you might swoop it and buy something before I get the chance! These days, as soon as you label something "antique" the price seems to take a massive hike, but I do honestly find that most of the pieces are very reasonably priced. I was looking at a 1920's beaded evening bag the other day and it was a mere £18!! You couldn't even buy the modern equivalent on the high street for that! It was truely beautiful, handmade and something others would undoubtedly covet when you used it! 

It is an amazing centre to have pretty much on our doorstep and really is somewhere you can lose hours and hours looking at the masses of beautiful things on display! I very rarely come away from a visit empty handed because if you see something you love, you need to snap it up before anyone else does! There is also a "new" wing of the centre which has a great clothing/accessories/jewellery room (which I obviously LOVE) where you can find anything from Joules clothing to Joey-D bags and Bill Skinner jewellery!

Below is my most recent purchase which is a mens wind up spinning orb fob watch. This was in the antique wing of the centre although it is not particularly old. I loved it none the less and had to have it! It came on a leather thong, which I have changed for a dark gold chain of my own and it has now become my favoutire necklace!

I love how it spins freely, it catches the light and also because of its clear back when you wind it up you can see all the parts of the mechanism moving! It's a bit steampunk and apparently it is something like a watch that's mentioned in Harry Potter??? Not being a fan myself, I would have no idea!

As you can probably see in the background of the photo - I have it on today over my newest charity shop dress! I can see me wearing this necklace A LOT over the next wee while as when I fall in love with something, I rarely take it off!

I have also recently ordered two new vintage dresses online, so when they come I will tell all and upload some pics! Watch this space!



1 comment:

  1. I love necklace watches (but they end up in the washing machine far too often) and this one is just gorgeous. V jealous!

    ReplyDelete