Friday 11 May 2012

Scrumptious EASY cookie recipe

As I write, I am sitting in my kitchen with the yummy smell of cookies baking wafting around me. I have some already cooling on a rack and some more in the oven... HEAVEN!

I just thought I'd share with you a recipe that I came across for truely easy cookies that I came across online and have baked twice now - both with great results.

The recipe I have used is: Jasmine's Easy Chocolate Chip biscuits


Here is a photo of the first batch I tried last week. They don't LOOK massively enticing, but trust me - they TASTED amazing and didn't last long at all. I gave some to my parents, my sister snaffled a lot and I hid 5 to give to my friend for a taste test. I think it's safe to say they went down a treat!

The recipe is slightly vague about things like temp. and how long to bake so I read some of the comments and went for Gas Mark 4 and just baked until golden around the edges, which ended up being anything from about 15 - 25 mins. I prefer to have my cookies with quite a bit of bite so you might want to bake for slighlty less time.

I used the exact amounts from the recipe, I ignored the "cup" of this and "cup" of that and just followed the grams and it worked brilliantly. Don't be scared at how stiff the dough is before you add the egg (it didn't look right to me) because one the egg is added it loosens up a lot.

The only other thing I changed was to leave the chocolte chips out till the very end (after the egg was added). I did this so I could split up the batch and make different flavours from the same dough. You can make anything from 25 - 30 cookies from this recipe, so splitting it still gave me a good amount of each flavour and let me try new things without wasting a whole batch if it didn't turn out.

So far I have tried:
  • Milk Chocolate Chip
  • White Chocolate Chip
  • Milk Choc Chip & Peanut Butter
  • Oats & Cinnamon
  • Milk Choc Chip & Hazelnuts
They have all been very yummy and approved by my expert panel of testers! haha! My personal favourite is the Milk Choc Chip & Peanut Butter!! I always love that flavour combo anyway and it just works so well with this recipe. I didn't use measurements for the flavourings, I just added what felt right. It is really easy to see what looks/smells right.

If you have any other suggestions for flavours I could try or if you give this recipe a go and love them as much as I do - let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment