Friday 4 May 2012

One of my FAVOURITE dresses...

Anyone that knows me, knows I love a dress... or two... or hundred! I have built up quite a collection over the years with anything from charity shop finds to vintage, high street to designer making appearances.

This is the first of my favourites from my collection. I will also be showing you an amazing Vivienne Westwood number and a vintage gem when I can find the time to photograph them!

This little number is actually a high street buy from the Pearl Lowe range at Peacocks. I have to say that as far as celebrity endorsed high street ranges go - this was definately a winner in my humble opinion! I have many dresses from the range, but this one in particular works for me everytime. It is a very 40's looking tea dress which is beautifully cut and has lovely little floaty sleeves (hidden by my cardigan), a waist cinching belt and has a ladylike length.

I think the main thing I like about dresses in general is how the outfit built around the piece can completely change the overall look of the dress. This dress I have worn everywhere! I have been to job interviews in it (which were successful I might add - perhaps its a lucky dress), been shopping in it, spent lazy days in it and also dressed it up for a few nights out. It can look anything from quirky retro to quite edgy with the right styling! 

I love how you can were dresses with bare legs and sandals in the heat of summer or layer them up with tights, knitwear and scarves for winter. Belt them, add jewellery or change your accessories to update your look and I genuinely find the right dress THE most flattering and feminine outfit a woman can find.

So here you go - a dress that I love... what do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment